Monday, January 28, 2013

Pray for warmer weather!

It has now been over four months since my last hike in the White Mountains.  I have not attempted to hike this winter and have been extremely busy on the weekends with the wedding coming up.  That being said, my parents bought Paloma, Joe, Julie, and I all brand new sleeping bags for this coming hiking season.  I can't wait to get on the trails this spring and do some over-nighters.

My parents also bought me an awesome book for Christmas called "Following Atticus" by Tom Ryan.  It is a non-fiction story about a man and his dog who hike together to complete all 48 of the 4000'+ mountains in NH.  I have only had time to read through a few chapters, but all of the discussions about hiking and the different trails they have been taking has me getting really excited for this coming hiking season.

I have also been trying to stay in shape by doing the Insanity workout with Paloma.  I admit, I have not been following the program as closely as I would like to, but regardless, I am in much better shape now than I was at this time last year.  I am hoping to knock off closer to twenty peaks this coming spring/summer/autumn.

I have been talking with my uncle quite a bit about his hiking adventures, and he is about to finish all 48 in the winter - I am impressed.  I imagine I will be doing quite a bit of hiking with him this coming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment