Thursday, May 17, 2012

So it begins...

I'll admit, I am notorious for starting blogs, posting for maybe 1 or 2 days, then stopping.  I am hoping this blog will be different.  I am not planning on using this to write daily, rather more of a long term project to document my trips as I attempt to hike all of the 4000'+ White Mountains.  I plan on including posts that highlight each trip I make, including photos, commentary, and "reviews" of each hike.


I am going to try to hike the mountains in order, from smallest - 4003' Mt. Tecumseh, to the tallest - 6288' Mt. Washington.  There are a total of 48 mountains on my list, which can be viewed by clicking on the "My Hiking Log" link to the right.  I have hiked many on this list growing up, but have decided that since I don't have clear memory of these hikes, that I am going to do them all over!


How long will this take me to hike all 48?  Who knows?!  I'd like to get more into hiking though, so I am hoping to nail multiple hikes this summer.


If you are interested in going on a hike with me, please feel free to send me an email or call me - hiking is much more fun when it is done with friends.


First hike planned for 5/20/2012.  This coming Sunday I am planning on hiking Mt. Tecumseh with my father.  Stay tuned for my blog post after the hike!


Feel free to leave me some comments/suggestions as well!


Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment